Sunday, July 20, 2008

Loneliness .....

Oooh. My head.

Now I remember why I dont drink anymore ... anyone have a good cure for hangovers? But being 'semi-coherent and semi-consious' does tend to help one see the world a little more in detail .. go figure. Actually I was trying to make sense of what a friend said.

She said ' your problem is .. you dont know how to live alone'.

Wow.
Perhaps I dont.

Is it so wrong to WANT to have company? Is it wrong to NOT LIKE being lonely? I will never understand some people who can live their lives being perfectly contented with the company of themselves. I mean, isnt it more fulfilling to have someone to talk to? Or even someone to do stuff with .. like fishing or camping or going to the gym or even shopping!

Ironically I DO have friends who like being alone. Dont get me wrong. They dont mind hanging out or doing stuff together but they definitely prefer to be by themselves if given the choice.

Not me. I love company. I would, if possible, like to be around people ALL the time. But the way I'm going, I guess I better start practising trying to like being by myself ... cause ultimately, as a netfren said .. ' you come alone, you die alone'


That's so bloody depressing.
I better go back to bed.

No comments: