Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Kuantan .. and Soap ...

I was just reminiscing ( i find myself doing that very often .. signs of getting old? ) about my past forays into wild fishing spots ... and I remembered this incident that took place last year ...

I was in Kuantan on a Saturday to attend a open house party hosted by one of my clients .. after the event was done it was still pretty early .. about 400pm I guess .. so I decided to look around to see if I could find some promising spots to do some casting ...

I ended up here .. an absolutely beautiful and desolate area .. I only had to drive thru a 'jungle' to get to this spot ....








































After standing around for a few minutes and gaping at the sight, I turned back to my car to get my stuff out when I noticed a huge black pool of black stuff on the ground just below my car ... I already had an inkling as to what it was .. so I pushed the car back and checked the dipstick ... and it was empty !!

Apparently when I was driving in I hit something which I assume was a rock ( it wasnt .. some arsehole had dumped a huge piece of grilling into a pool of water ) and that must have ruptured my sump .. resulting in all my engine oil leaking out ... so ... checked the sump and yea .. a pretty big crack on both sides ...














I was now in a quandary .. here I was in the middle of nowhere .. on a Saturday evening at 500pm .. with a car emptied of engine oil .. I managed to get a passerby's help .. 'Abang' drove me out to several mechanics who wasnt too keen to sacrifice their Saturday evenings looking for a tow-truck ... hmm .. in the end I called my mechanic 'Mr Enstein' ... who suggested I plaster the crack with a plain bar of soap !!

Well, desperate times calls for desperate measures .. I wasnt too keen on spending a weekend in the middle of nowhere with just mosquitos and Gods knows what else for company ... so with the help of 'Abang' I bought several bars of LUX soap and some engine oil .. drove back to the car .. and basically just plastered the cracks with it ....














Waited for the soap to harden ... then poured the engine oil in .... and guess what? It WORKED !! Nothing leaked out ... so after conveying my thanks to 'Abang' I drove slowly back from KUANTAN back to KL ... and not a drop leaked out !!

Man ... the things you can do with a bar of soap ... hehehe ...

No comments: