Sunday, August 17, 2008

Making Decisions ...

It's now almost 1100pm .. and I'm still sitting in front of this laptop since morning .. since I got back.

Funny, I just realised I haven eaten anything since I woke up and I don't feel hungry. Guess depression does that to you.

I've been thinking ... people make decisions or choices all day long. From the time you wake up to the time you get back into bed, everything you decide affects your life and the lives of those around you.

I guess most decisions are trivial and dont really matter .. like what I'm gonna eat for dinner .. or perhaps what to wear ... but what about the bigger stuff?

Like things you say .. do you ever stop to think how it would affect those around you? What if I hadnt said those things? What if I didnt go on that trip?

I know I've made bad decisions in the past .. and I've had to live with them. I always wonder, what if I could do it all over again .. would I make the same decision? Would I be wiser and consider before choosing what to say or do?

Or would it turn out EXACTLY the same?

Guess I can only continue to stumble onward and hope that whatever damage I've done can be contained ... and that whatever I'm going to do next wont hurt anyone else ... except perhaps myself ..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Decision is make by your own instinct. What is bad or wrong, it just meant for a second thoughts. Decisions can be repeated again and again the same mistake if you didn't realize. But what had happened, is bygone.
Rebuild your strength of your mind from now on.