Saturday, September 13, 2008

Upholding the Truth ??

I was chatting with a netfren from IPOH the other day when she mentioned that the newspapers today are even more interesting than watching soap operas .. what with certain sodomy allegations about a prominent politician and of course the recent arrests of the trio listed below ...










What I dont understand is why the Sin Chew reporter, Ms Tan Hoon Cheng was detained .. and of all things, under ISA .. wasnt she just doing her job? Does that mean that people are no longer allowed to report the truth as they see it?

But wasnt it our PM that said that the media must not be afraid of honest reporting ? Then why was the reporter detained ?

And what about the guy who actually made the news in the first place? I understand he only got a suspension from the Party .. more like a slight slap on the wrist, if you ask me ... why wasnt he detained for making those remarks ?

It's not certain now what will happen to Ms Tan .. as well as Pete and Teresa. I hope they're gonna be ok ..... my prayers are for you guys ....

No comments: