Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Birthdays ....

I've always liked birthdays. The whole scene with the balloons and the snacks and the birthday cake (what's a birthday without a birthday cake?) and all your goofy friends around getting drunk .. and of course, presents !!

But recently I've begun to dread birthdays .. especially mine. Maybe it's cos with each birthday I land on, I seem to realise the significance of what it really means .. I'm just getting older and I've just realised that I don't wanna AGE gracefully ... there are just so many things that I still havent done .. or experienced.

But this particualr birthday really sucked. For one, I was still nursing a wounded and infected eye, and second, I was alone on an outstation assignment. Of course there were the sms'es from family and friends but it just didnt feel the same .. no beers on the table or friends around .. and no birthday cake.

I did, for a minute consider getting myself a small cake .. from me to me .. but methinks that would have been even more pathetic. So .. I just went out and sat down at a local mamak shop and ordered this :















I couldnt even finish it ... I dunno whether it was me or the murtabak .. but it was tasteless .. next time I'm gonna make sure I don't go anywhere when my birthday comes around .. at least I'll be with family even if I do get stood up by my friends ... and at least I'll have some cake ..

No comments: