Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Insomnia

It's almost 0200am .. and I'm sitting in a hotel room somewhere in PERAK .. unable to sleep.

I've always had problems getting into Dreamland .. but usually after some light reading or perhaps a movie, I'd drift off to see the sandman.

But it doesnt seem so tonight.
I wonder why.

It's really quiet here .. the only thing I can hear is the hum of the air-conditioner .. and some stray dog barking in the distance. It's times like this when you start reflecting on the more deeper aspects of your existence .. like what am I doing sitting in some hotel in the middle of some small town ?

Why am I unable to sleep? I wonder who's awake now .. I also wonder about some of these thoughts running through my head now .. if said out aloud .. would they earn me a place in the state mental hospital ? .. or does it mean that I'm just like everybody else?

I'd better down a six-pack and go to bed. It's not good to ponder too much about these things.

No comments: