Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Insanity ...













Sometimes, I wonder .. if I were to invent a game so complicated, that the rules keep changing at every turn .. and yet so simple, so that ANYBODY can participate .. as well as so incredibly addictive, that even if you keep losing you STILL wanna keep playing .....

Would you be interested in such a game?

If I were to tell you that the stakes were high enough that in some stages of this game your life might be at risk .. would you still play? And that in MOST cases nobody wins at this game .. would you still wanna play?

Guess what ... such a game ALREADY exists ... and everyone I know plays this game .. it's called The Game of LOVE.

How many people do you know of that has been struck down by Cupid's arrows .. suffered for it by drowning their sorrows in a bottle .. only to jump RIGHT back into the game the very next minute? And how many of us have been unfortunate enough to have known someone who has taken their lives just because of Love ?

Is it because the pay-off is so wonderful that we would risk our emotional and physical health just for it? Somebody tell me cos I'd sure wanna know .. I've played this game and lost so many times that if you were to look into my heart, it'd be nothing but a mass of battle scars ..

Someone once said that Insanity is doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result .... guess he must have been referring to Love .......

No comments: