Monday, November 24, 2008

Territorial Rights?

I was having dinner the other day with Jack ... when he started telling me about parking problems associated with living in the city .. and specifically with living in condos or apartments.

Now, i'm not a stranger to fighting over parking space as I've lived in condos before .. but what Jack told me was really .. how shall i say it .. well, let's just say it kinda made me mad ..

This is where Jack stays .. a nice comfy apartment in KL .. and as with all apartments and condos, parking space is limited .. so it was either Jack's significant other or Jack who had to park outside ... no guesses as to who parked outside ..


















And this is Jack's car ..













Now since Jack had to park outside, obviously he would park somewhere considered safe from break-ins .. hence, my friend chose a brightly lit public car park in front of a chinese restaurant. And he would ALWAYS park there AFTER the restaurant closes for business so as not to block any of the outlet's patrons.

Guess that didnt help cos the next day when he came down to get his car he saw this etched in acid on his car's bonnet ...
















Wouldnt it be more simpler to leave a note on the windscreen? I suggested that Jack make a police report against the restaurant .. but knowing our local enforcement .. it would not make any difference.

Let's just say that the next time Im in the area .. im gonna be very very careful about where I park .. and where I eat !!


PS : The car's bonnet and subsequent paintjob cost my friend several hundred ringgit ..

No comments: