Thursday, November 6, 2008

Musings ..

I had a good day today.

A nice lunch .. with a very good friend.
Chatting about shared experiences and the people we've both met.

People who are, at most times interesting and a delight to talk to,
but more often than not, strange and disturbing.

My lunch-date was telling me about the time she made arrangements to meet this 'net-fren' who insisted on meeting her in the car-park ... in his car .. parked in a secluded area with the car facing a wall ( and this was the first time she was meeting this guy !! ) ..

She told him to find someone else.
I guess you don't have to be a genius to figure out what he was after.

It never fails to amaze me how some guys ( and some gals as well ) would just assume the other party is an absolute moron. But hey, stranger things have happened.

Anyways, before we even knew it, lunchtime was up and we had to go our separate ways. She gave me a lift back to my car before driving off. And I was left smiling at the one of the most pleasant conversations I've had in a long time.

Thanks for the lunch, C. We must do this again sometime. And next time, let's make sure we both dont have prior engagements !!

No comments: