Saturday, November 1, 2008

Men and Women

I was having lunch the other day with my two of my colleagues ( both female accounts staffs ) when I noticed a very buxom lady walking past our table .. she was headed to her table just a few feet away.

Now, what I noticed wasnt her boobs ( ok-la, so I took a quick glance .. im a guy ok? ) or how she was dressed .. but what interested me was the reaction of those sitting around the other tables.

The guys would be basically ogling at her more than generous assets unabashedly and the women at those tables would be staring with daggers in their eyes.

And it got me thinking to what I read the other day in a blog entry.

I guess the entire male species must have tunnel vision, and in addition to their horny nature, be zooming in or narrowing it down to boobs or butts. Women, on the other hand, would be staring or swearing over bad hairstyles, poor make-up, out-of-proportion body shapes ( re : boobs too big, thighs too big ) or even bad dressing !!

Dont tell me that men and women are created equal.
Because that is absolutely preposterous.

Under pressure, men would drink alcohol and start comtemplating on invading the next country ( or maybe perhaps just pick a fight in a pub ). Women would eat chocolates and go shopping.

Women criticise men for being uncaring, not sensitive, not listening and wanting to have sex than making love. Men criticise women about talking too much, for their sense of direction, for their driving skills and for not initiating sex more.

Men are astounded by how a woman can't see a flashing red light on the dashboard of the car, but can see a used condom in a dark corner some 100 meters away ; Women are confounded by
men who can ALWAYS park the car in the tightest spot using only a rear-view mirror, but can NEVER find the G-spot.

But I digress.

I asked my two female colleagues as to why women react that way when they see another woman dressed that way .... and guess what? They just smiled and said 'Lunchtime's up .. let's go back to the office ' ..

Methinks the only way the two sexes will ever start to understand each other is when we can really start talking to each other .. build on our collective strengths instead of focussing on our weaknesses.

But personally I think this will never happen.

No comments: