Saturday, November 21, 2009

Unwell ..

I finally found out what's wrong with me.

Was feeling very sick and frustrated last week .. so decided to go for a second opinion. For the last three months or so, on and off ive been short of breathe, unable to sleep and generally feeling very weak and tired .. and this was AFTER that stupid doc at that hospital said I was fine .. despite all the ECGs and XRAYs and bloodtests.

So I went BACK to the same hospital ( they had all my past records and test results mah ) .. but saw a different doc .. complained that despite the ALL CLEAR from the other doc .. I was still having the same problems ..

And so this particular doc looked back on the test results .. ordered a fresh new set of XRAYs .. and found that I had an enlarged heart .. and lungs filling up with fluids.


Apparently, I have progressive heart failure.

That was last week .. I've been on meds ever since .. and have made appointments to have more tests done to determine what sort of treatment can be done for me. But since im not on any healthcare scheme and have to depend on goverment hospitals .. my next appointment is in MARCH 2010.

The medicine ive been taking is helping somewhat .. I feel slightly better .. but am still a prime candidate for a stroke or a heart attack. And so since I can no longer work ive been stuck at home for the past two weeks .. just trying to take it easy.

I just hope I dont drop dead before my next appointment - or suffer from terrible depression before then .. it's been a real challenge to try and maintain an optimistic view of things when you're only 45 and you're told that you have heart failure.


Guess I'll go get some sleep .. if I can ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care brother!

billy said...

I will .. thanks