Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Winter Solstice Festival ..















It's 2 days before Christmas .. 22nd December.

And it's also a date that's very significant to the Chinese where traditionally family members gather together for dinner and also to have a very special treat - glutinous rice balls called 'Tang Yuan' meaning reunion.

Usually, family members will make the Tang Yuan together using glutinous rice powder. However with the advent of modern convenience stores, ready made Tang Yuan are available at hypermarkets or your local pasarmini - the Tang Yuan in the pic you see is made by my nieces - the Tang Yuan is then boiled in water with some brown sugar and pandan leaves before it's consumed ( tasted pretty good ! ).

I've gotta admit that I've never actually joined in family dinners where the Winter Solstice Festivals are concerned - but faced with the prospect of never actually having another bowl of Tang Yuan ..

My test results are finally in .. Doc says my mitral valve is faulty .. and it needs to be replaced .. so it's definitely open heart surgery .. now it's only a matter of whether I can have the surgery .. cos I've got a condition known as 'Global Hypokinesia' .. which means I've got a very very weak heart ( it's not pumping properly ) .. so more tests need to be done to see if im fit enough for surgery .. now im scheduled for an angiogram at the end of January 2010 cos they wanna see if there are any blockages ....


PS : To the anonymous bro who's been leaving comments and words of encouragements .. thanks for the articles dude .. but unfortunately i'm really sick otherwise i wouldn't even bother to go see the doc .. i'm just glad that the meds i'm on right now are keeping me healthy .. hopefully I can get thru this ....

No comments: