Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Angiogram

So I decided to go to the hospital after all ...

Admitted myself into the Daycare Unit this morning at 0800am ( actually was supposed to be admitted yesterday .. but it seems that the hospital ran out of bed space !! So the pre-op team asked me to come back this morning ) .. and basically just waited.

At about 1100am .. the pre-ops team wheeled me ( or more precisely I walked ) into the procedure theater and the Doc gave me a local anesthesia .. apparently Doc decided that insertion of the catheter would be done from my wrist .. I felt a numbing coldness in my forearms and my hands as the anesthesia took effect .. And before I knew it .. Doc was saying 'End of Procedure' ...

Apparently he had done whatever he needed to do so quickly ( inject the dye into my heart from the wrist and take the required shots on cam ) I didn't even know he was done ! And he gave me the news on the spot : No blockages .. your weak heart is not caused by blockages.

I then walked back out into the post-ops room ( actually it was a conference room .. maybe they needed the beds? ) and waited for the required 3 hours for the incision to seal shut and I was back home by 3:30pm !!

I guess I was happy that I didn't have any further bad news ( re: blockages ) but on the other hand .. who can actually tell me what's causing me to have a weak heart? My next appointment with the cardiologist is next week .. so guess I'll know then ....

No comments: