Sunday, January 24, 2010

Misgivings ....

It's Sunday nite.

And tomorrow morning I will be admitting myself into the hospital for an invasive medical procedure known as an angiogram. Basically, what the doctors will do is to make an incision in my upper leg .. into the main artery .. and insert a catheter into the blood vessel all the way right up into my heart.

Then a special dye is injected directly into the coronary arteries so that X-rays can be taken of the heart. This is so that the doctors can see if there are any problems ( re:blockages ) in and around the areas.

I'm NOT looking forward to this. Cos everytime I go to the hospital, I just seem to get bad and even worse news.

Perhaps I might just skip the whole procedure all together ... after all, who was it that said that Ignorance is Bliss ? After all , I seem to be getting along just fine on my meds ...

No comments: