Thursday, December 18, 2008

Are you Happy?















It's the 18th of December ... exactly one week till Christmas ... and exactly two weeks till a brand new year ... 2009.

In the Declaration of Independence .. principally authored by Thomas Jefferson, the third President of the United States -it states and I quote .. " All men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. "

The pursuit of Happiness.

Why doesn't he just say Happiness? Why the PURSUIT of Happiness?
Is Happiness something that you have to pursue? Something that is forever being evasive?

I dont know.

All I do know is this ... I'm not gonna wallow in my own misery anymore. I'm not gonna be all 'this shouldnt have happened to me' and so on and so forth.

I'm gonna be happy.
I'm gonna look at life differently .. and if I do have to pursue Happiness, so be it.

I'm gonna make 2009 a year to remember.
And of course, I hope all my hopes for a better 2009 doesn't all go to hell by the 2nd week of January.


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!

No comments: