Monday, April 20, 2009

Wheels ....

Anybody remember this guy?

I still recall staying home from school on certain afternoons ( ok-lah, so i'm THAT old .. satisfied? ) so that I wouldnt miss the sad looking tramp with the bowler hat and the funny walk on TV ...


















And of course, what's Charlie without his wheels ... in those days you had to get out front and crank a lever to start the car ...












So you could just imagine my excitement on seeing this the other day when I was driving to an assignment in Port Klang .... I almost couldnt believe my eyes ....














The same car .. close up ..













Just look at those wheels ..













And how it looks like from the rear ..













Another shot from the front ...













And check out that crank !! I was half comtemplating on cranking the lever to see if it would start before I came to my senses ... hehe ...













Funny thing was ... this absolutely incredible vintage car was parked by the road side .. and there wasnt anyone around !! I wonder who it belongs to and how it got there ....

I considered hanging around till someone came for the car .. unfortunately I had work to do and I was already late ... and when I returned to the same spot much later ... it wasnt there anymore ... guess whoever owned it decided to get it ....

Too bad .. I was hoping to ask the owner if I could test drive it ... heheheh ...

No comments: